Thursday, April 19, 2012

But I Don't Want To!

It's Thursday.  The sun is not visible to me.  I know it's there but there's a heavy cloud cover. 

I have a really bad case of the "I don't want to(s)". 

I have no energy.  What zapped me?

There are Cheerios on the floor where Hayes put them.  Someone needs to pick them up.  But I don't want to.

My house looks very extra cluttered today - it usually is - and I just don't want to put anything away.

I don't like feeling this way.  I like having energy and 'want to' and getting things done.

The way I feel makes me, just, blah! 

I have appointments made for real estate.

I have prom dresses that need my attention, but you got it.  I don't want to.

Several years ago I was in a preschool room.  The children were 4. There was one very busy boy and as teachers do, we kept re-directing his activities.  Eventually, he was sent to time out.  In his very best voice of whine and in a very southern accent he gave us a sing song version of "BUT I DON'T WAAAAAANNA GO TO TIME OUT!"   He may have even stomped his foot.  Today this makes me chuckle.  Of course, after we ignored him for 25 seconds he was in control and interacting with the other children.  All was well.

That's me today.  You think someone will send me to time out?  Maybe send me to take a nap?  I want more than 25 seconds.  Please, pretty please.

Just Bebe

1 comment:

  1. Put on your BIG girl panties and DEAL with the cheerios.

    Just kidding. I love you mom! You are a rockstar! Just get some of those 'chore cards' out and do a few...

    ReplyDelete