Saturday, November 26, 2022

Island Girl


Today we celebrate the one-year anniversary of when we signed on the dotted line to purchase our little slice of heaven in the Low Country.  I can hardly believe it’s been a year.  Recently, I read, the days are long but the years go by swiftly.  Indeed, it seems they do. 

 

I am learning to love the term “Island Girl.”  Sounds so exotic and beachy. 

 

As she was crossing from the beach to the parking lot, and I from the parking lot to the beach, I struck up a conversation with an established resident.  It was just last month the weather was sunny and cool.  If you know me you know I seldom meet a stranger.  Percy would be SO proud.  Anyway.  I asked her if her time on the beach was good?  Her answer to me is what I tell lots of friends – It’s a day at the beach!  What’s not to love? 

 

That’s exactly how I feel about the beach.  A cloudy, rainy, cold day at the beach is better than a day, well, almost anywhere else.  We continued our conversation and I shared with her that we had recently purchased a place here. 

 

Ah, she exclaimed, then she said the magic words.  You’re an Island Girl now. 

 

And just like that, I got a new “label.”  Island Girl.  Has a nice ring to it, don’t cha think?

 

Just call me, Elizabeth of James.  James Island that is.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment